Micato Grand Safari
Complimentary private car transfer
The grand, glamourous, unabashedly luxurious safaris favoured by princes and princesses, potentates, plutocrats, and ex-presidents (Teddy Roosevelt’s epic 1909 safari was one of the first of its sumptuous kind) are central to East Africa’s heritage as one of the world’s most desired destinations. This Grand Safari is Micato’s homage to those old and romantic days, to their indulgent and exquisite grace.
The Micato Grand Safari’s six flights make travel between game preserves and luxury camps a seamless, time-saving joy. And stays in places like the airy Tortilis Camp in Amboseli, Bateleur or Governor’s Il Moran camps in the Maasai Mara, the charmingly luxe Four Seasons Safari Lodge in the Serengeti and, of course, the Lewa Safari Camp brings you into close and comfortable contact with some of Africa’s richest game lands and most stirring landscapes.
Call for Pricing
- East Africa’s most luxurious tented camps and lodges, including splendid Bateleur Camp, much-celebrated Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti, and the elegantly eclectic Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.
- Guided rhino-tracking treks; tree-top canopy walks in the Ngare Ndare Forest; Samburu-led camel rides on the plains; horsebacking; and graceful hot air ballooning at sunrise followed by al fresco breakfast.
- Touchdown to takeoff services of your Micato Safari Director, and 24-hour access to one-of-a-kind Concierge Service.
- Spectacular views and incomparably fascinating ecosystems: regal Mount Kilimanjaro; the Serengeti Plains; the famed Mara River; the Laikipia Plateau and jagged Aberdare mountains; and the Lost World of the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Lunch at home with Micato founders Felix and Jane Pinto.
The Micato Difference:
- Only Micato includes a highly-credentialed, Silver or Gold-level Safari Director on every trip in East Africa — in addition to a well-versed Driver-Guide.
- Safaris include myriad internal flights that save many hours of driving, giving you more time to relish the unique Micato Moments. Less time getting there means more time being there.
- Every 4-wheel drive custom safari vehicles are luxuriously stocked with cool beverages and snacks, a pair of Nikon binoculars for each guest, animal and bird guidebooks, and bean bags for stabilizing long lenses. Plus, every guest is guaranteed a window seat to maximize viewing pleasure!
- More personalized attention from your Micato Safari Directors and Driver-Guides due to the small-group boutique safaris- never more than 18 and quite often only 12.
- Every Micato Safaris departure is 100% guaranteed to operate.
- No tipping. Ever.
- Drinks included- wine and beer as well as bottled water, and soft drinks.
- All meals included. SAVEUR magazine named Micato Safaris Best Culinary Tour Operator!
Contact me for more information and to book a Micato safari, named Travel+Leisure’s #1 World’s Best Safari Outfitter for an unprecedented nine years in a row.
Offer Valid: July 20th, 2018 through August 20th, 2018